Friday, January 13, 2012

Italian Tomato, Bangsar

The Little Italian Cafe




Looking for a decent, nice and yummy Italian restaurant? Yeah, I know it's pretty hard to find one in Malaysia, not easy at all....


However, somehow I came across about this cafe who serves quite decent Italian food...
This place is know as....
Italian Tomato


The interior of the place is pretty nice and cozy as well....
Check out how does the place looks like below...
If you notice, they actually incorporated the colour of the Italian's flag into their decoration and what not...nicely done


oh, and I like the way the set up the table...



So we started the night of with some drinks...
Sangria
 I love the Sangria here...why? The wine tastes wasn't that strong, it did overpower the fruit taste at all...it's like drinking a fruit juice only to me... love it!

While waiting for our food to be served, we went and check out how was the pizza being made...quite interesting I would say...I mean maybe cause it's the first time me seeing people making a pizza live? yes i'm a jakun! thank you.. XD
Interesting right? Will show you and tell you how the pizza tastes like later.... =)



So the dinner started off we some soup....
Crema Di Zucca Al Forno
It is know as Wood fired oven roasted pumpkin soup as well...As the name suggested, the pumpkin was roasted with wood fired oven...never really try any Pumpkin soup before, I would say this is my first trying a decent Pumpkin soup...the taste of the pumpkin was there definitely..But what i like about this soup is that it is creamy enough for my liking..


Crema di Funghi
RM14 
This is a homemade cream of mushroom soup... This is something really different...Mushroom soup lover or not, I think you should really try it...the reason is because the texture is so so different...Not only it is creamy enough, you can feel the bits of the mushroom in the soup, which I love it =)


Beef Lasagna
The lasagna was nicely done...the layer by layer of the lasagna was good...It was too sticky nor to dry...love it the way it is! just nice


and here it is the pizza that I mentioned above!
Pizza Romano
RM28 
This pizza consists of anchovy, fresh basil, tomato, mozzarella and parmesan shavings... All I got to say about this pizza is that I love the crust... it is simply nice and crispy!


Pizza Quattro Formagi
RM35 
This pizza consist of fontina, mozzarella, gorgonzola and parmesan cheese....At first glance I thought it was just simply pizza with lots of cheese! It seems like it right? haha...
oh well, again I gotta is that  I love the crust... it is simply nice and crispy! haha


next......
Spaghetti Alla Pescatora (House Specialty)
RM35
This spaghetti is a mixed seafood in a hearty tomato sauce dish...When it was served, I was pretty impress by the amount of Seafood! they did not con us of course! haha...am a happy boy seeing it....haha
ANYWAYS, for me, it's really nice...why? because usually when I ordered a tomato based spaghetti, it's always too sweet the sauce they used...But for this, it wasn't sweet at all...the taste was just nice there with bits of herbs..and to make it even better, the fresh seafood just nail it for my tummy! XD



Fettucine Mare E Monti
RM35 
This dish consist of flat pasta with scallop, wild porcini and shitake mushroom in a cream sauce... I think the concern when people have while ordering a cream based sauce dish is that it might be too creamy...Yes, it is true that it tastes really good when it is creamy enough for a cream sauce dish...but it tense that get a bit too much for yourself when it is too creamy....
However, for this, in my opinion, it was good enough the creamy-ness which doesn't give too much for the creamy-ness...



Petto Di Manzo Con Vino Rosso
RM40
This is a wood fired oven roasted beef ribs in a reduction of red wine on a bed of mashed potato dish...simply nice for me! the beef was just nice... it wasn't overcooked...I'm sure you know if beef is overcooked it will be extremely hard to eat... But this just nice with the awesome taste...



Then it is time for some dessert!
Panna Cotta 
RM12 
My first time trying this....It's a smooth cream pudding with caramel sauce... It's something in between pudding and ice-cream for me...haha


Last but not least...
Crema Catalana Napoletana
RM16
A trio of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry creme brulee....ah! Love it! Really nice....the taste is just there, and it's good! no words to describe...just go try it by yourself! haha



Nice right the food? =)


 

So how do you get there?
Address:
Lot 61 Jalan Maarof,
Bangsar,
59100 Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia.



Or you can make your enquiries or reservation, by calling them at;

Tel: +603 - 2282 222
5




So go check it out peeps for some really nice Italian food!
XD

6 comments:

Twenty Two - When 2 Meets 2 said...

I love the ambience;)

Nikel Khor said...

They have very good kitchen with wood fire oven..

missyblurkit said...

love the sangria and the seafood pasta. the tomato base is so hearty that i actually would wipe it quite clean:D

N/A said...

The lasagna is so tempting! :D

Koh Kian Fai said...

awesome food above especially come to cream with mushroom and some pizza :D

but abit costy neh lol

choi yen said...

I think I'll love that mushroom soup, with so much mushroom bits in it!